Friday 1 August 2014

July Favourites


Can you believe it's we're over half way through 2014 already? There's still so much I want to do before the year is over! July has been a rather dull month for me. I've been back at work ever since I got  back from Vienna so my days have been spend waitressing and my evenings trying to see as many friends as I can while I'm home for summer. Hopefully next month I'll be able to squeeze in a bit more time for blogging! Anyway, here's a selection of some of the things I've been loving this July.

1. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick in 100 Rose Gold
Ever since swatching MAC Mythology recently I've been obsessed with rose gold eyes, and this product is definitely one of my favourites. Its super easy to apply (just swipe on and blend out) and the gorgeous shade really makes my blue eyes pop. It's also super long lasting, which is much needed during this unexpected heatwave England is having! I've been wearing this product either on its own for a toned down look, or with a gold eyeshadow on top (such as Trick from the Naked 3 Palette) for a bit more drama. Very excited to try more of these Rimmel Shadow Sticks, I've got my eye on the shade 'Trespassing Taupe'.

2. Soap & Glory Hand Maid Anti- Bacterial Hand Cleansing Gel
I picked this up at the airport when Boots were having a 3-for-2 on travel miniatures and it has not left my bag since. Not only does it make my hands feel clean and fresh, this stuff smells AMAZING. Seriously, whats in this? I want a perfume this good! Go have a sniff, this stuff is a real summer essential.

3. Daucshund Necklace
It may be hard to see in the image but this is the cutest necklace with a tiny sausage dog on it. Though I'm a cat lady at heart, I am obsessed with sausage dogs so when I saw this in a shop in Brighton recently, I knew it had to be mine. I feel like it adds a little touch of playfulness to my outfits and makes me happy every time I see a cute little sausage dog round my neck (crazy pet lady moment over.)

4. MAC Crosswires
Could this be my favourite lipstick ever? Well that's a very big statement to make, but I bloomin' love this one. I gushed about my love for it a few posts ago so wont say much, but I've worn this nearly everyday of July and I love it.

5. MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
For some reason I only seem to have cream highlighters, so when I saw this pretty pinky-champagne shade for just £3 I picked it up. I find it perfect for work as it brightens my face, but very subtly. Perfect for when you're wearing little to no make up and just want to perk up your face. A great budget highlighter!

6. The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil
I've had this for a while but realised I hadn't yet mentioned it in a post. The formula is a 'serum-in-oil', and while I am no skin care buff and don't really know what that means, I know I like it. It leaves skin hydrated and soft when I wake up in the morning. I've been using this every night, after my cleanser and before my moisturiser for about two months now and I've definitely seen a difference. My skin feels calmer and extremely soft. Good stuff.

7. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Satsuma
The fact that I can't wear nail varnish to work is one of the things I hate most about my job (haha). If I could, this summery shade would have been on nails all month. Not only do I love the tasty sounding name, but I love the rich and bright reddy-orange shade. Is it red? Is it orange? I'm not sure but it's fab. While it's perfect for summer, I also can't wait to wear this as a pop of colour with an all black outfit in the winter.

So that's it for my monthly favourites for this month. Let me know if you've tried any of the products mentioned and what you thought. What have you been loving this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment